Paid Communications/Program Intern
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Salary: 20-30 hours/week // $15+/hour, based upon experience
Contact Name: Joyce E. Williams, Office Manager
Contact Email: email@example.com
20-30 hours/week // $15+/hour, based upon experience
Job Details Position: Paid Communications/Program Intern
Deadline: Ongoing applications, until filled.
Location: Downtown Silver Spring, Maryland and immediate access to Metro; Possibility of some remote work
The International Transportation Learning Center (ITLC) is seeking a dynamic and creative thinker and communicator to work with an upbeat and diverse team of public transit advocates for an initial commitment of at least 3 months. The candidate will assist and build brand recognition and promotion efforts for a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving public transportation nationally through training of current workers and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion for workers of the future.
The candidate should be an organized, energetic individual who will assist the Communications and Program staff:
- Present innovative methods to communicate through the ITLC’s existing websites, updating with new content including print graphics and videos
- Contribute to discussions on the organization’s rebranding plans
- Work with the Senior Communication Specialist on the development and distribution of the ITLC’s electronic newsletters
- Assist in developing and improving the content of PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and letters
- Work with graphic design and printer vendors on the presentation of materials
- Manage distribution lists to partners, the press, and the public.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of internal file sharing
- Work with research team and support program development and implementation in other core organization areas, as needed
- Reside in Metropolitan Washington DC area and able to commute to Silver Spring Metro Station 2-3 times a week
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Junior or senior year college student or graduate student majoring in relevant area (including but not limited to Communications and Media, Journalism, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Labor Relations, Urban Planning and Statistics or related fields)
- Recent graduates and other qualified candidates interested in this position are invited to apply.
- Demonstrated interest and/or knowledge of public transit and transit advocacy for all
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, web design, and ability to learn other relevant applications including Constant Contact, WordPress and others.
- Experience with video editing tools such as Filmora, Adobe Premier Pro, and Final Cut Pro a plus
- Ability to manage time and work independently
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
ITLC requires an initial commitment of at least 3 months and candidates are expected to commit to working primarily onsite 2-3 days each week. Please send cover letter and resume to Joyce Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ITLC values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, age, sex (Including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, or veteran status. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.