INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER, FULL-TIME: Silver Spring, MD
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Contact Name: Joyce E. Williams, Office Manager/HR
Contact Email: email@example.com
Do you want to develop training for frontline workers that improves public transportation? As an instructional designer, you know that even the best tools and processes cannot make an impact without the right training. Building instructor-led and interactive online courses that teach critical maintenance skills requires a real passion for understanding the needs of frontline workers. We have an opportunity for an instructional designer who will work with a team that is committed to solving workforce development challenges in public transportation.
The International Transportation Learning Center, a non-profit founded in 2001, is growing rapidly and is seeking a full-time instructional designer to work on national training initiatives. You will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from across North America to build engaging, interactive learning experiences for classroom and online delivery using ADDIE and other proven instructional design models. This position will require occasional travel usually lasting multiple days to attend SME meetings, observe work practices, record instructional video, and evaluate course pilots.
The Instructional Designer is expected to:
- Design high quality, innovative learning solutions to support a national initiative for transportation workforce development.
- Build strong relationships with SMEs and engage them to ensure content validity.
- Identify learning objectives and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Center’s ID and cross-functional teams to develop integrated and creative solutions to learning delivery.
- Analyze, evaluate, and report on course development; research learning trends; and actively contribute to the Center’s mission.
- Relevant Education/Training and three years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theory and related frameworks.
- Excellent instructional design skills applied in course design and development.
- Experience successfully working with SMEs.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in Storyline or Captivate authoring tools.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team, utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience with zero-emission technologies, associated infrastructure, and/or understanding of basic electrical principles.
- Experience working with electrical and mechanical technicians.
- Familiarity with labor unions, nonprofits, community organizations, transit and transportation industry and policies, and/or government work
- Commitment to issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Location: Silver Spring, MD (Near the Silver Spring Metro Station) or Remote
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Employment: Full-time – employee or contractor.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision insurance; life/disability insurance; company contribution to Simplified Employee Pension Plan and employee voluntary contribution to 403(b) retirement program; generous paid vacation and holidays; flexible schedule
Application Instructions: Send a resume, cover letter, relevant work samples and specific salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transportation Learning Center
8403 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
The ITLC values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, age, sex (Including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, or veteran status. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.