The Transportation Learning Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving public transportation at the national level and within communities. To accomplish this mission, the Center builds labor-management training partnerships that improve organizational performance, expand workforce knowledge, skills and abilities, and promote career advancement.
Statement of Purpose
The Transportation Learning Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving public transportation by committed investment at the national and local levels in frontline technical workers. We facilitate, lead and support activities that benefit all stakeholders in public transportation, through:
• Labor-management partnerships that create high-quality workforce training programs leading to high-performance organizations based in collaborations that support employee voice, engagement and commitment;
• Cutting-edge research and evaluation of human capital investment and its outcomes in public transportation;
• National training standards created through joint labor-management industry consortia that improve organizational performance, advance workers’ skills, knowledge and abilities and ensure safe, efficient and well-maintained public transportation systems that drive and serve high consumer demand for public transport options;
• Career ladder programs that create opportunities for incumbent workers to advance through training and education;
• Career pathways into public transportation jobs that provide living wages and benefits, with an emphasis on access to those jobs and continuing education and training for young people and men and women from disadvantaged populations served by public transportation;
• Greener work processes that create more sustainable communities.
Center Delivers Train-the-Trainer Course at SacRT in Sacramento
Posted December 2019
November 18-22 was a busy week for eight SacRT employees from signals, wayside, bus maintenance, and light rail maintenance when they attended the Center’s Train-the-Trainer (TtT) course at their bus maintenance training center.
Earth Day’s Golden Year
Posted November 2019
Metrolink, Southern California’s regional commuter rail system, is gearing up to celebrate Earth Day 2020 - the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day - in a big way, and we are challenging other transit authorities worldwide to join us.
The Center Introduces Train-the-Trainer Level 2
Posted November 2019
On Thursday, October 17th, the Center introduced Train-the-Trainer Level 2.