Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Contact Name: Joyce E. Williams, Office Manager/HR
Contact Email: email@example.com
The International Transportation Learning Center (ITLC), a non-profit organization devoted to helping frontline transportation workers improve their skills, seeks a creative and self-motivated graphic design professional with outstanding design and brand-building experience to establish ITLC and its affiliates’ brand identities and create promotional materials. The graphic designer will work very closely with the Senior Communications Specialist on the design of communications materials and execute the creation of these materials.
Founded in 2001, the International Transportation Learning Center is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Silver Spring, MD. It is dedicated to advancing public transit and other transportation sectors at the national level and within state and local communities. To accomplish this mission, the ITLC builds partnerships between frontline transportation workers and managers that improve organizational capacity and expand worker skills and career opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Senior Communications Specialist on building powerful brand identities of the ITLC and its affiliates, including but not limited to a logos, key art, typography, color palettes, brand patterns, brand guidelines, social media templates, and brand kit packages Work with the Senior Communications Specialist to help implement a comprehensive communications and public relations program that encompasses short-term and long-term communications strategies, digital assets including ITLC’s website, social media platforms and email, and branded materials
- Work with various project teams, conceptualize and design key marketing collaterals and outreach materials including electronic newsletters, print newsletters, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, event programs, brochures, displays, signs, posters, social media content and all other internal/external communication content
- Work with instructional design staff to design and create visual elements to be used in eLearning courses
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of experience with graphic design and digital advertising; equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, digital and social media designs
- Proficiency in working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.) and other industry standard design software
- Knowledge of general computer skills, including Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision, under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in collaborative multi-cultural settings
- Familiarity with labor unions, nonprofits, community organizations, transit and transportation industry and policies, and passion around equity issues a definite plus
- Experience in photography and videography a plus
- Experience in web design and content production a plus
Location: Silver Spring, MD (Near the Silver Spring Metro Station). Remote work possible.
Type of Employment: Part-time permanent or consultant.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision insurance; life/disability insurance; company contribution to Simplified Employee Pension Plan and employee voluntary contribution to 403(b) retirement program; generous paid vacation and holidays; flexible schedule. Part-time benefits are prorated.
Start Date: ASAP
Application Instructions: Send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to your online portfolio of various graphic design examples is highly recommended with your application.
International Transportation Learning Center
8403 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
The ITLC values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, age, sex (Including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, or veteran status. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.