Zero Emission Vehicle Program Specialist
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Contact Name: Joyce E. Williams, Office Manager/HR
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Transportation Learning Center (ITLC), a leader in workforce development for frontline workers in public transportation, and the operator of the Federal Transit Administration’s Transit Workforce Center (TWC), seeks a Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program Specialist. The ideal candidate will have the skills and ability to work collaboratively across ITLC Project Teams and with a variety of industry experts and stakeholders to ensure that ITLC’s ZEV initiatives, resources, and services meet the needs of industry, are aligned with the goals of the organization, and support significant advancements in training and workforce development connected to the industry’s new technologies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides expertise and collaborate with ZEV Project Team members and other SMEs in related areas on zero emission maintenance and technology work that includes:
- Developing a short and long-term strategic plan for ITLC/TWC ZEV initiatives, for review and discussion with the Directors
- Supporting progress on strategic plan relating to ZEV work
- Scheduling regular team meetings and preparing team reports
- Collaborating with agencies/partners on zero emission fleet transition plans
- Leading team development, assessment, and dissemination of course curriculum and courseware in collaboration with instructional designers and other relevant ITLC staff
- Engaging in stakeholder outreach and providing support and technical assistance to industry stakeholders
- Participates regularly as a team member on other ITLC subject matter teams, contributing ZEV workforce development expertise to work that includes, but is not limited to, apprenticeship and training, curriculum and courseware development, competency-based frameworks, industry presentations, and technical assistance
- In coordination and consultation with the Directors and with the funding team, explores and develops potential opportunities for funding, recommends projects, and, where funding is pursued, develops draft content, budgets, and supporting materials for review.
- Represents the organization in the field through presentations and relationship-building at conferences, meetings, and in webinars and other gatherings
- Supports program and organization needs by maintaining relevant files in ITLC databases, gathering and logging all relevant information for internal reporting and external newsletters and other required reports
- Provides internal training and ongoing updates for ITLC/TWC staff in areas of core expertise
- Experience as a technician, including work with ZEV technologies
- Significant work as a technical trainer, mentor, and/or instructor, both generally, as well as in work involving ZEV technologies
- Strong verbal communication skills, including experience developing and delivering presentations
- Experience designing and delivering successful and engaging trainings
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with labor and management industry representatives, frontline workers, and other industry stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all ITLC team members
- Ability to travel
- Experience with or interest in and commitment to developing an in-depth understanding of the organization’s mission and context, including public transportation and the development of its frontline workforce
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations and/or public sector employment
- Familiarity with public transportation and related sectors
- Demonstrated ability to work with labor-management teams
Start Date: Immediate placement available. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-time at 40 hours as permanent position. Work is hybrid.
Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision insurance; life/disability insurance; company contribution to Simplified Employee Pension Plan and employee voluntary contribution to 403(b) retirement program; generous paid vacation and holidays.
Email resume and cover letter to Joyce Williams: email@example.com
The ITLC values diversity, equity, inclusion, and access. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, age, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, or veteran status. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.