Center Delivers Train-the-Trainer Course at SEPTA
Posted March 2015
Last week, eight current and future maintenance trainers at SEPTA went through the Center developed Train-the-Trainer course. Although this course was developed as part of the Transit Elevator/Escalator Training Consortium, participants were from various departments including signals, traction power, rail vehicle and elevator/escalator maintenance.
As per course evaluations, participants felt that the class was “more informative than I initially expected. There was a lot of content and made me think outside of the box.” According to participants, highlights of lessons learned include:
- Creating an interactive learning environment
- Gaining attention and engaging adult learners
- Utilizing teaching techniques that address different learning styles
- Organizing content using Gagne’s 9 events of instruction
- Seeing the class from the learner’s perspective
- How to recognize different learning capabilities and adjust content accordingly
- How to develop a unique teaching style
For more information on the Train-the-Trainer course, contact Program
Manager of Instructional Design Julie Deibel.